Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wikipedia: To Trust or Not to Trust, That is the Question?


Trusting a source such as Wikipedia is a hard thing to do. Once something has lost its creditability it may take a while before anyone can start using it as sources or even for their own informational tool. I for one have always been told not to use it for anything, not even personal use. In a way its like using a random person as a source in a final research paper, what kind of grade would u expect. I do not feel that it would be trusted or taken seriously, at least I wouldn't. My answer is not to trust, what's yours?

What I've Learned This Year


Mr. McClung is absolutely right about continuing to learn as teachers. Everything that he said is part of my philosophy as a future teacher, and mostly everybody else. Anyone can say that is what they plan on doing, but implementing them is what's most important. I feel that Mr. McClung's purpose in posting this information is to lead not just furture teachers in the right direction but to also hopefully influence current ones.

4 comments:

  1. Johnneshia,

    I completely agree with not using Wikipedia. While I do sometimes use it for looking up random things, I also always check other sources. I never use it for formal researching because it is crazy how anyone can change the information.

    I also liked what Mr. McClung said about his first year. It definitely gave me some great insight about the classroom, and what I want to do and not do in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My answer is to trust, but I trust Wikipedia to start me research then go from there. I also use Wikipedia to look up so called "fun facts". Also can you believe the a scanner that scans everything on that website. WOW!! look at technology today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! He seems like a phenomenal teacher. He seems to have everyone going in the right direction! I really enjoyed his post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. McClung will Skype with us later in march.

    You are behind in your posts. You need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete