Sunday, January 31, 2010

They are first graders! Are you ready?

Watching this gives me hope, and it should give hope to anyone else who watches. Knowing that technology is entering the classroom and creating a positive learning environment inspires me to implement the same in my future classroom. The children are amazing and bring a new outlook on the possibilities of what technology combine with an urge to learn can do. It is important to show the students that they are the future and with the right tools, anything is possible.

Here’s what’s coming!

It is amazing that just a few years ago no one could have imagined that a child so young could operate a device so high tech. What many of use fail to realize is that a child is always learning, even if you are not intentionally teaching them. The saying a baby’s brain is like a sponge certainly comes into play.

Podcasts

SmartBoard Lessons Podcast Episode 138 (chemical bonds)-This podcast sounds like that it was done over a computer. I like it because it allows students to keep up with the different classroom lessons without being cooped up in the house or in a classroom and still learn.

KidCast Episode 62(some thought on video podcasting)-This podcast was helpful for me because it enabled me to understand the difference between an audio and video podcast. It is my first time hearing about a podcast and I do not know what it takes to make a successful one. Now that I know it will help me be more efficient in my productions.

EdTechtalk- Take education and technology then merge the two together this helps students learn. This podcast talks about the usefulness of the different forms of media technology.

ConnectLearning Episodes 90- The way the librarians explained about the way podcasts could be used were great ideas. Several stated that they would use the tool to get students more involved when doing research for different projects. The podcasts will create a more calm and improved environment.

MacBreak Weekly Episode 177(ipad)-This podcast sounded more like a radio broadcast. It was a good way to advertise the new device by apple.

This Week in Photography Episode 126-This particular podcast is use to discuss a specific topic which is camera. Each episode the team discusses new camera equipment. Their way of giving information was just to have a conversation.

4 comments:

  1. I like what you said about Mac break. A podcast is like your own little radio show and its free. This is a powerful tool for teachers. SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! I agree with many things you said. Especially about children's brains being like sponges. So true! It is crazy to think that a one year old can use an iPhone. Who would have thought? Like you, it's my first time learning about podcasts too and the KidCast podcast was helpful for me also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are 100% right about children always learning. Sometimes I think many teachers forget that. I think the key thing you said is that they learn whether you want them to or not. You have to watch every step you take in a school, even if you don't think anyone is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that podcast should definitely be used in the classroom! It makes it fun for the students to learn!

    ReplyDelete